Thursday, November 19, 2015

My vision for the 21st century classroom in Suriname

As a group I've posted our vision of the 21st century classroom. Now I'll give my own thoughts on the matter in a bit more details.
I do believe that children should have well motivated teachers. If the teacher is willing to research new methods of teaching and learning to better not only himself or herself but to make the lessons seem like an experience you can't miss. One of my favorite films where a teacher tried new things to engage his students is School of Life starring Ryan Reynolds. Not only did he influence the minds of the students but the other teachers as well. If you get a chance check it out and I hope you enjoy it as much as I did.

I believe that the way we as students get placed in rows can work but is not really necessary, some might say sitting anywhere you like might create a but of chaos. But I believe that adding a system where you keep order and still manage to change the seating order in class can benefit both student and teacher. Because sometimes students in the back try to hide from the teacher are shy or feel uninterested in the class. Mixing it up could help the teacher learn more about the teacher and the student get to learn more about there classmates.

Also in my vision for a 21st century classroom in Suriname I would like too see more use of technology. Because we are living in an age of technology and if you can't get with the times you will certainly fall behind. If we can get students ready for the real world environment we as educators half done a good job. To build a school were technology is used as a tool for better education will be a great task indeed. But just as Rome wasn't built in a day, we also have to make the first step towards such a future. And I think that with this study course and with a few other things that Suriname is well on its way. We just have to facilitate this growth.

What would also help is if our business community would give a helping hand to facilitate our students and teachers with the right tools we could surely improve the way we teach. This would not only be helpful to the students who with these tools get to increase their 21st century skills but also the business community, because we would have fully trained workers ready for our employers which would in turn help the country's growth.

If you have any thoughts on the subject let me know by posting a comment down below. Please feel free to browse more content on my blog as well.
Thank you for your time and until the next post.
Happy reading.



Read more about implementing technology in the classrooms of Suriname here:
iPad-onderwijs OS2 Goejaba voor betere resultaten

No comments:

Post a Comment